Open your eyes to deadly lungworm

  • Lungworm is potentially fatal to dogs.


  • Lungworm is spreading and is now found across much of the UK.


  • Lungworm can be prevented, but only with a monthly, vet-prescribed product.


  • Dogs can become infected when they ingest slugs or snails, or even their slime.


  • Slugs, snails or their slime can be ingested accidentally, by eating grass, playing with toys left outside, or drinking from outdoor water bowls or puddles.


Lungworm might be closer than you think

Lungworm is now endemic throughout much of the UK. While traditionally found in the south of England and Wales, an increasing number of cases are now being reported further north in England and as far north as Scotland.

Our interactive lungworm map allows you to see the number of reported cases in your area.

Lungworm has spread throughout UK
Lungworm prevention MUST be given monthly

Lungworm prevention MUST be given monthly

Why wait for disaster to strike?

Ask your vet about monthly prevention with a product that protects against lungworm in dogs.Our interactive lungworm map allows you to see the number of reported cases in your area.

Lungworm can be fatal to dogs

The Lungworm, Angiostrongylus vasorum, is a parasite that can cause serious health problems in dogs and can be fatal if not diagnosed and treated.

  1. Conboy G et al., Parasitol Res (2017), 116: S41-S54
  2. Taylor et al., (9); 1190-5
  3. Kirk et al., Vet Record (2014), 175, 118

Brought to you by Elanco, makers of Advocate

Advocate, Elanco and the diagonal bar logo are trademarks of Elanco or its affiliates.

Elanco UK AH Ltd., Form 2, Bartley Wood Business Park, Bartley Way, Hook RG27 9XA. Tel. 01256 353131

PM-IT-22-0172

© 2022 Elanco or its affiliates